As we age our Cognitive function depletes too, but if you add any of these foods or oils to your daily food intake , guaranteed your health will benefit from the lifestyle change . I know from experience that you should not add ALL of these foods and oils all at once .Changing anything in your life, start slow.
Changing out your oil for cooking is a great starting point,
1. Coconut oil , Is found in most grocery stores , but if you are struggling finding it a “health-food” store will always carry it . The best to get certified organic, either virgin (unrefined) or refined, and if you are going to cook it doesn’t impart a coconut flavor or aroma.
EXPERT TIP: Told by an expert at health food store to always buy coconut oil in a dark container, that stops the sun from damaging the effectively of the oil.
2. Walnuts , recently have developed a new love for these nuts. But a quick tip as soon as you open the bag, put them in airtight container (mason canning jar is great!) or if you have them in a bag, make sure they it is sealed well. They tend to go rancid fast, nothing tastes worse than rancid walnuts with yogurt.
3. Olive Oil, extra virgin like the coconut oil and same as the coconut oil it will be in a `darkened` glass bottle.
4. Blackberries, Strawberry & Blueberry these do not last long at my house. And when they are in season and on sale, I freeze them. And in the winter month I buy frozen. They are great on their own, or put them in a smoothie for your morning commute.
5. Sardines , I read that they are really good for you . 🙂
6. Coffee , This is one thing I drink , I enjoy , I enjoy the quietness of my kitchen , and the anticipation of waiting for it to brew. And then gathering my thoughts and starting my day. Can you tell I love Coffee ? ha ha ha 🙂
7. Spinach, I usually replace lettuce with spinach, in sandwiches, salads. And they are a great addition to smoothies , try a small handful with your berries and yogurt, you probably won’t even notice there is spinach in there. (the green might give it away:) )
8. Dark Chocolate, one square a day is all you need to improve your health. ONE ! ha ha ha Not many people like Dark Chocolate so one is not hard.
9. Avocados , Great with on a sandwich INSTEAD of mayonnaise. Or just with a spoon 😛
10. Water, I can not stress water intake. If you are the Caretaker or the Senior without adequate water it is very easy for our brain not to work properly, along with the rest of our body.
11. Beets , I think we had them for dinner EVERY night (well it seemed like it ) `harvard beets`and pickled beets were always on the table. They are great for juicing as well, they don’t just come in the purple variety, they come in orange and yellow too.
12. Red Grapes, These little guys are great frozen, grab a handful for a little snack, also beneficial those who have `Macular Degeneration` running families.
13. Salmon , Omega-3 fatty acids, is what benefits you, not only your memory but your heart & your skin. If you are not a fish eater, there are always supplements. And you can get the one that do not have that `fishy` aftertaste . I know that i why some do not take them.
These are just a few that is have named that help your memory and your overall body function. When you decide to switch over to a clean eating lifestyle. You’ll be GRATEFUL you did and wondering why you didn’t do it years ago!
Start small, with one food or oil to switch is a great start, see how that goes for a week or so. Then add one more, you get the idea. You will gain a lot of POSITIVE body changes when adopt a clean eating lifestyle. Your skin and Hair will Thank-You 🙂 Your friends and Family what you have done differently .
I just recently went on a water drinking challenge, since I am part Camel (can actually go the day without water). I thought I needed to change a few things, so in the beginning I was wondering why I agreed to it.
But as the days went by the `changeover` did not seem like such a chore anymore. Got to a point where I wanted to drink more `water`. My skin was clearer, my pants fit better. And the result that I love the most is I am less nervous.
It wasn’t until I thought I could go back to my OLD habits , of NOT drinking water.
What a mistake that was I felt like “/$% , felt tired, was yawning all day , my body was hating me. More often than most we are most motivated by the negatives in life . As long as you learn in the process right?
What POSITIVES are you experiencing from your switchover?